This past year I’ve had some pretty generous bonus signup offers or points and miles. Which can help cover the fixed cost of travel from hotels to airlines. But I also focus my credit card spending on options that earn big cash back rewards.
I view it as a balancing act each time I take a card out of my wallet. Will I earn more points, miles or cash back with this purchase? It totally depends on the type of urchase and the bonus which your card offers on the type of that purchase. During Mrs. Weekly Flyer’s last round of applications she picked up a few cards including a card that offers 6% cash back on select purchases. She’ll use that card for the specific spending category, but will then use other cards depending on where she is making a purchase that day.
Third Quarter Cash Back Calendar
The cash back cards have there place and time. For example, cards that come with a cash back calendar, like the Discover it® card offer up to 5% cash back on particular spending categories each quarter. The 2014 3rd quarter 5% cash back calendar for the Discover it® card is for gas stations.
- July through September – summer break to be determined
But they’ve also previously announced their 4th quarter cash back calendar which includes online shopping and department stores, a great cash back option going into the holiday season.
- October through December – Online Shopping & Department Stores
The Discover it® card offers up to 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in spending on the current categories. If you have the Discover it® card, be sure and use it for these categories so you can earn 5% cash back on eligible spending.
- New Cards Earned 140,000 Miles & Points And $450 In Credits
- Mrs. Weekly Flyer’s Latest Application(s)–Cash Back, New Points, And A Must Have For Every Wallet
- How To Save $1 Off Every Gallon Of Gas: Kroger 2x Fuel Points Promotion
- Save $1 Off Gas With 2x Promotion For Summer Travel – So Easy To Save
- How To Save $1 Off Every Gallon Of Gas: 4x Kroger Fuel Points Extended