I’ve been to Louisville, KY (SDF) a handful of times this year, and never noticed until now that they have an airport club located in the central rotunda on top of the Starbucks inside of security.
Intrigued, I logged on to the free wifi at SDF to find out find out more, and saw they have an Altitude: A Traveler’s Club.
The website made it looks like it might be a place to visit, and offered a ton of different services:
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Full bar service
- Quiet atmosphere with comfortable seating
- Complimentary soft drinks and light snacks
- Computer workstations
- Photocopier and fax machine services
- Free local phone calls
- Recharging stations for your laptop and mobile phone
- Electronic flight information available (no PA announcements)
The entrance looked nice enough.
And then the rest of the club had about as much ambiance as your average doctor’s office, but with not nearly as many people waiting around.
Save the $5 entry fee, and treat yourself to something nice at Starbucks downstairs rather than using this lounge.