AAA announced their 7th annual PetBook Photo Contest sponsored by Best Western. The AAA PetBook lists pet policies, amenities and fees for over 13,000 hotels nation wide and 300 dog parks in popular travel destinations. The PetBook also includes tips for pet travelers including pet etiquette, border crossing and emergency vet clinics.
The contest is rather simple: E-mail a photo or send in an 8×10 color print of your pet which must be received by November 30, 2014. Winners will be announced in January 2015. Two prizes will be awarded:
- First-place – Photo on the book’s back cover, five copies of the book, pet treats, $300 cash and a $150 Best Western Travel Card.
- Second-place – Photo on the book’s spine, two copies of the book, pet treats and $150 cash
More than 40 other finalists will be pictured inside the book. Full rules from AAA:
1. Email one digital photo to mailto:Petbookcontest@national.aaa.com. The digital photo must have a resolution of 300dpi and preferably be at least 1875 pixels by 2850 pixels in size. Please include the entry form in the email and send the photo as a .jpeg file attachment no larger than 5 MB. This is necessary for resizing photos to fit the cover. Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and correction functions are permitted, but images that are determined to be significantly altered will be disqualified in AAA’s sole discretion. Photographers are not permitted to place borders or frames around their image or to place a watermark, signature, date or copyright notices on the image.
2. Send printed color 8″ x 10″ unmounted photo that is in focus and printed on quality photo paper, along with the completed entry form to:
AAA PetBook® Photo Contest 1000 AAA Drive, MS 64 Heathrow, FL 32746
3. Photos must be postmarked by November 28, 2014, and received by November 30, 2014, to be eligible for the contest.
4. Photo must feature at least one pet and convey a travel theme. Pet safety should at all times be considered.
5. Only one photo may be entered per household.
6. The entrant must be the person who took the photo and who has full rights to the photo.
7. The entrant must obtain full consent from all models or persons appearing in the photo for full use of the photo, including, but not limited to, use and publishing in this contest and the other uses stated herein.
8. All photos entered in the contest, including the prize-winning photo(s), become the sole and exclusive property of AAA and will not be returned.
9. A panel of judges will choose the winning photo based on the following qualities: impact, lighting, composition and effectively conveying the idea that Traveling With Your Pet: The AAA PetBook® is about traveling on vacation with your pet. Posed or studio photographs will be disqualified. Decisions of the judges are final.
10. The winners will be notified by phone or mail January 2015.
This is a quick-and-easy contest. Take a minute to enter the contest and e-mail your best pet photo from your vacation.