Delta Airlines released a one minute TV ad last week narrated by Donald Sutherland titled “No Bag Left Behind”. Never mind the fact that the family checked the bag at Detroit Metro Airport, and then picked up the bag at Detroit Metro Airport. Just click on the picture below to watch the ad.
Delta posted the video on Facebook as well, and has received over 400 comments on it. Most of the comments called the ad cute, and they want to know how they can purchase the bear rollerbag. Some of the other comments were more realistic. Here are a few of my favorite comments:
- I fly Delta more often than any other airline but Delta has lost my luggage on SO MANY occasions. The commercial is very cute but offered me a little Monday comic relief because it’s so unrealistic!
- What really would have happened is that piece of luggage would be missing both eyes and ears after the first round of “checked” luggage, and it would have ended up in Beijing when it should have been in Orlando.
- Cute! However that suit case should be much dirtier and a little tore up for this to be more accurate.
- You put my husbands bag on the wrong flight yesterday………..there’s no way that that bag would come out that nice. I’ve seen the way you handle luggage.
- Just returned from my vacation from Punta Cana last night. To see this commercial it made me laugh because Delta tore my bag. No one even cared. What is that? Just started back flying Delta after years of not flying with that airlines. We need to work on our relationship Delta.
This is obviously image advertising for Delta targeted at family, leisure, and infrequent travelers. However, business travelers are by far Delta’s biggest source of revenue. The ad is certainly cute, but is it effective? What do you think?