One of the easiest ways to earn Delta Medallion status is the easy way, by earning Medallion Qualifying Miles through their credit cards. Once you meet the spending criteria on the credit cards and the MQMs are awarded, the actual process to claim or gift the miles is rather an easy process.
This week I got my first message this year from Delta informing me I had the opportunity to select or gift an additional 15,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs). Since I’ve spent $30,000 on the Delta Reserve card in a calendar year. Unlike the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, the Delta Reserve gives you the ability to earn MQMs simply by putting spending on your credit card each year.
This was my second year through the process. Instead of gifting these MQMs like I have done in the past, I selected the option to add them to my account. Plus, I’ll have a second option to earn MQMs this year when I spend another $30,000 on the credit card. Those I can add to my account or give to a friend.
Adding Delta MQMs From Delta Reserve Credit Card
Step 1: Check Your Email Or Your Statement
Delta will email you once you hit $30,000 spending on your eligible credit card in a calendar year. I find it usually comes after the statement is closed and paid in which you spend over $30,000 in a calendar year.
Step 2: Select Your Card To Redeem MQMs
Next, log-in to your Delta account and select the MQM redemption option. If you have the Business and Personal card, you can select each one individually. If not, select the one you have and move forward with the MQM transfer process.
Step 3: Enter Your Account Information And Confirm
You’ll enter your account information if you are adding the MQMs to your account. If not, enter whom ever you like to transfer the MQMs to.
Step 4: Confirm The MQMs Have Posted
The last step is my favorite. Navigate back to your mileage balance and activity to view the results. I love seeing a quick 15,000 MQMs added to my account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When does the calendar year close for earning eligibility?
- December 31
2) What exactly do I get when I spent $30,000 on the card in a calendar year?
- 15,000 MQMs And
- 15,000 redeemable miles
3) Which miles count towards status?
- Only the 15,000 MQMs count toward status
4) What happens if I don’t select a recipient to receive the MQMs?
- If within 90 days, you do not elect to designate an MQM recipient, the MQMs will be deposited in your SkyMiles account
5) Can I earn 30,000 MQMs from the consumer and the Business Delta Reserve Card?
6) Can I earn multiple year end bonuses if I get the personal Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Delta Reserve card, etc cards?
You may be permitted to have more than one Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve Card from American Express account; however, you are only eligible to receive one annual bonus for each type (i.e. Options, Classic, Gold, Platinum, or Delta Reserve) of Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account from American Express
I find that the process couldn’t be easier to add MQMs to a Delta account through an eligible Delta Reserve card. I also think the Delta Reserve card and it’s signup MQM bonus is a great way to add a quick set of MQMs. So if you’re in for some last part of the year MQM earning opportunities, you could consider this card, the Double MQM bonus to Seattle, or other last of the year MQM earning options.
- Earning Delta Platinum Elite Status The Easy Way
- Easy Way To Earn Delta Gold or Platinum Status (Targeted)
- Free Month of Delta Gold Medallion Status (Targeted)
- Why To Get a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Now
- Delta Companion Certificate Fine Print
- The Easiest 10,000 Delta MQMs I’ve Ever Earned…Except The Time When…
- Last Minute MQMs With Delta–End Of Year Earning Options
- How To Earn Double Medallion Qualifying Miles to Seattle (Targeted)
- How I Earned 60,000 Delta MQMs Without Flying