The Citi Prestige® Card isn’t as well known as the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card or the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card — Earn 20,000 Bonus Points. But if added to your wallet with the signup bonus offer and generous benefits, it can add great value for the average traveler.
In summary, the Citi Prestige® Card has five main benefits in addition to earning ThankYou points that add value:
- $250 travel statement credit each year
- Access to 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select
- 4th night free on ANY eligible hotel stay of consecutive 4 nights booked through a designated travel agent selected by Citi
- No foreign transaction fees
- $100 global entry statement credit
The ThankYou cards come with varying degrees of Signup Bonus offers which we’ve outlined below. While the Prestige card comes with only 30,000 bonus points after meeting spending, it’s actually higher than the Premier card after initial spending amount of $2,000. To get the full bonus on the Premier card you’ll need to spend another $3,000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn 30,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $2,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months the account is open.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- Earn 20,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after $1,500 in card purchases within 3 months of account opening – redeemable for $200 in gift cards or other great rewards!
Travel Statement Credit – $250 + $100
The Citi Prestige® Card is the only one of the three that comes with an annual travel statement credit. This is a $250 value each year that you can use towards travel. That is a great perk as you can use it for Air fares, baggage fees, lounge access and some in-flight purchases to name a few.
In addition to the $250 travel credit, they offer a $100 statement credit for the Global Entry application fee once every 5 years.
The Citi Prestige® Card comes with complimentary access to nearly 40 American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select
Complimentary 4th Night for any hotel stay
Another benefit of the Citi Prestige® Card in my mind is the 4th nights booked through a designated travel agent selected by Citi.
ThankYou Point Earning
With the Citi Prestige® Card and the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card you’ll earn 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels, 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment and 1 ThankYou® Point per $1 spent on other purchases. But with the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card — Earn 20,000 Bonus Points you’ll only earn 2 ThankYou Points per dollar spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment. 1 ThankYou Point on other purchases.
- $450 annual fee
- First year annual fee waived; $125 annual fee after that
- No annual fee
The Citi Prestige® Card is the premium ThankYou rewards card that comes at a cost, but also comes with what I consider valuable benefits like the $250 travel statement credit, $100 Global Entry fee statement credit, access to American Airlines Admirals lounges and Priority Pass Select lounges, as well as the 4th night free.
Plus, every time you spend on the card, you’ll earn bonus based on the category of spending. Then you can redeem those ThankYou points for travel or transfer the points to one of their ~10 travel partners.
- New Citi ThankYou Transfer Partners – Air France / KLM Added As Transfer Partners
- How To Transfer Citi ThankYou Points To Airline Programs
- Citi ThankYou Transfer Options Makes Points More Flexible