Starwood Preferred Guests is getting ready to launch two promotions over the next two weeks – an online sale will start November 24th and run through December 7th with discounts up to 30 percent in over 600 participating hotels and resorts; and a Cyber Monday instant sweepstakes on Facebook for 12 hours on December 1st.
Cyber Monday Sale
All of SPG’s nine brands are participating in the SPG Cyber Monday sale, and SPG members will get an additional 5 percent off when booking thru the Cyber Monday sale link – www.spg.com/cybermonday – which isn’t live yet.
The sale is good for stays between November 24, 2014 and February 1, 2015 at participating hotels and between November 24, 2014 and April 15, 2015 at participating resorts.
SPG gave this list as a teaser of what to expect for its Cyber Monday sale:
- 30 – 35% savings: The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos;
- 25% savings: W Chicago – Lakeshore, The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, W New York – Downtown and W New York;
- 20% savings: The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel in Manhattan, the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, Four Points Jacksonville Beachfront in Florida, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico and The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club;
- Hawaiian Hotels offer 20 – 25% savings: Sheraton Waikiki, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki and Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki.
Cyber Monday Instant Sweepstakes on Facebook
From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST on December 1, 2014 Facebook users can digitally “shake” the online interactive snow globe at “Starwood Hotels Travel Exclusives” for the chance to win an one of sixty instant prizes. SPG listed the following as prizes:
- six nights of French Polynesian paradise with a three night stay at Le Méridien Bora Bora and three nights at Le Méridien Tahiti
- five nights at the breathtaking St. Regis Aspen
- five nights in Hawaii at Sheraton Waikiki with its beachfront location
- three nights at Element Las Vegas
- three nights in New Orleans at the Four Points French Quarter
- three nights at the new Luxury Collection resort La Posada de Santa Fe
- three nights at W New York with 2 tickets to an event at Madison Square Garden
- three night stays at W South Beach and W Austin
- five nights at The Westin Boston Waterfront
- five nights of pampered suite experience at The Westin Riverfront Beaver Creek
- seven nights at Sheraton Myrtle Beach
- three night stay in a suite at The Westin Puntacana with private dinner for two on the beach, spa treatment for two, and entrance to Ojos Indigenas (natural springs)
- three nights in San Francisco at The Palace, a Luxury Collection gem with 2 tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s newest show, Kurios®
- three nights at the bespoke St. Regis Bahia Beach in deluxe room accommodations including breakfast for two
- five nights at Aloft Cleveland
The press release also said “By participating in the instant sweepstakes, Facebook users will also be entered for the chance to win the grand prize of 225,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints®.”
The Facebook sweepstakes is open to residents of the USA and Canada – but not residents of the province of Quebec. The full terms and conditions will be available on December 1st at www.facebook.com/starwoodhotelstravelexclusives.
SPG is attempting to create some buzz around its sale that starts next week, and for an on-line sweepstakes in just under two weeks. And you know what? It seems to be working on me! I will be checking out some pricing, as well as “shaking” the on-line interactive snow globe on December 1st. Anyone else looking forward to this?