The best points and miles piece of news today was the fact that American Express Membership Rewards is offering huge 40% transfer bonus to British Airways Avios points. This is one of the biggest transfer bonuses to British Airways that I can remember, the last time I saw one, it was only 35% (which was still good) but this 40% is great.
This transfer bonus means one thing to me, cheap one-way award redemptions on British Airways partner airlines. I always keep a stash of British Airways Avios points available for last minute short distance flights.
Short flights like Miami to Turks & Caicos, New York to Montreal, and many more destinations become reachable with only 3,215 American Express Membership Rewards transferred to British Airways for a one-way award ticket. But you have to transfer the points using the 40% transfer bonus before you can book at the lower rate.
Normally, American Express Membership Rewards points transfer to British Airways at a 1:1 ratio. But with this promotion members will receive a 40% bonus on transferred points.
British Airways American Express Transfer Bonus
For a limited time through January 31, 2015, members can get a British Airways American Express Transfer Bonus of 40% on their transfers. That means a 4,500 short haul one-way coach flight would only require 3,215 American Express Membership Rewards Points assuming you transferred them in 1,000 increments with a 40% bonus.
And Island hopping in the Caribbean has never been so easy with short flights. Consider taking one of the many British Airways flights from Antigua, or the British Airways Providenciales to Nassau flight.
You can check the Avios point requirements for each flight by using the British Airways Avios point calculator.
Since Membership Rewards points are transferred in 1,000 increments, a one-way flight less than 650 miles will require 3,215 American Express Membership Rewards Points.
How To Get American Express Points
American Express is offering a few bonus point promotions with credit card signups. For example, you can earn American Express bonus points with the cards below:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 40,000 bonus points
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN – 40,000 bonus point
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- – 25,000 bonus points
- The Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card from American Express – 10,000 bonus points
- The Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card from American Express – 15,000 bonus points
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN – 5,000 bonus points
And of course you can simply earn British Airways bonus points by signing up for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card which gives you 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Then you can take advantage of the 40% British Airways American Express Transfer Bonus.
This promotion won’t last long, only until January 31, 2015. So there is still plenty of time to earn American Express Membership Rewards points with new or existing cards and be able to transfer to British Airways Avios points with a 40% bonus.
- Booking Cheap Awards With Must Have Airline Points For Serious Frequent Flyers
- Pooling Points With British Airways Family Account
- Limited Time: 50,000 American Express Membership Rewards
- Trick to picking air berlin (British Airways Partner) seats online
- British Airways Re-Books Business Class Award Flight – Tyranny Ends
- Cancellation Without Representation – British Airways Cancels Business Class Award Flight
- British Airways Points Great For Long And Short Haul Flights
- British Airways Avios Google (Stalk Me) Initiative
- Amazing Deal: Miami To Cancun And Back For Only 6,429 Points From American Express Membership Rewards (Now Would Require 6,666 Points)