Delta announced today that they will now be offering five products, including Delta One, First Class and Delta Comfort+ which offer premium amenities. It looks like some of the changes are already underway and more are coming as we enter the beginning of 2015.
Delta Announces Redefined Cabin
Looks like seat covers are already being changed out for Delta One, First Class and Delta Comfort + seats and updates to snacks and complimentary beer, wine and spirits won’t happen until March 1, 2015.
Delta options starting March 1, 2015 will be the following, according to Delta’s press release:
- “Delta One, formerly BusinessElite, is offered on long-haul international routes; also between New York-JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco*
- First Class is offered on short-haul international and domestic routes**
- Delta Comfort+ offers an upgraded experience on all two cabin aircraft around the world
- Main Cabin experience is provided everywhere Delta flies offering a high standard of customer service
- Basic Economy offers Main Cabin service with fewer flexibility options available in select markets.”
Fine Print: *Delta One full flat-bed and Delta Comfort+ seat upgrades between New York and San Francisco are projected to be complete in the spring of 2015. **Select international flights may offer Business Class service in lieu of First Class. Amenities in the Business cabin may vary by flight and aircraft.
According to the press release, SkyMiles members will still enjoy upgrades,”SkyMiles Diamond and Platinum Medallion members will continue to enjoy complimentary upgrade eligibility to First Class and will also receive complimentary access to Delta Comfort+ seats at booking.”
It also said that Gold and Silver members will be eligible for complimentary First class upgrades and access to Delta Comfort+ at 72 and 24 hrs before departure, respectively starting March 1, 2015.
It looks like Delta is upgrading their product offering to include some nice features and amenities and this will mean more choices for passengers! Take a look at the new seat photos and the listing above for more specifics on each product offering from Delta.