This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
My most favorite card in my wallet is the American Express Platinum Card. I like this card because of the ability to earn American Express Membership Rewards Points and to use the many benefits it comes with like the amazing lounge access to the new American Express Centurion Lounges, free Boingo Wifi, comped hotel status, no foreign transaction fees, and a Global Entry fee credit among other benefits.
Plus, the timing is right now to get one if you don’t already have an American Express Platinum Card or a The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN because you will be able to maximize the $200 airline fee credit x 3 all under the one annual fee if you time it right. See More Business card offers here.
Maximize Airline Fee Credits With Amex Platinum
- Apply for the American Express Platinum Card NOW
- Ask for expedited shipping to receive your card overnight or within 3 days
- Then use your American Express Platinum Card in 2014 for your $200 Airline fee credits
- Use your American Express Platinum Card in 2015 for your $200 Airline fee credits
- Before your 1st statement in 2016 (before the annual fee hits) you can use your $200 Airline fee credits again!
That’s $600 in statement credits just for the Airline fee credit on this card in less than 13 months.
Here are some of my other favorite benefits the card offers:
Airport Club Access Program with Priority Pass Select
- The Platinum Card comes with complimentary Airport Club Access1 to The Centurion Lounges and Delta Sky Clubs, and you can enroll in Priority Pass Select at no additional cost. These programs provide you access to over 600 domestic and international airport lounges.
- Card Members also have complimentary access to Airspace lounges in Baltimore-Washington International Airport, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport and John F. Kennedy International (JFK) Airport.
American Express Centurion Lounge Locations
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (Concourse D, opposite Gate D1)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (Terminal D, opposite Gate D17 on the upper level)
- New York’s LaGuardia Airport (Terminal B, pre-security, on the third level)
- San Francisco (Terminal 3 near Gate 74)
$200 Airline Fee Credit (more detail as addressed above.)
- Up to $200 a year in credits for incidental fees charged by the airline to your Platinum Card Account.
- Includes eligible charges from the airline such as checked bags, in-flight refreshments, flight-change fees, oversize baggage fees, airport lounge day-passes, pet-kennel fees, and phone reservation fees.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Use your Card globally without incurring the foreign transaction fees
- No need to enroll or apply
Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre Check
- Receive a statement credit every 5 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✓ ($85) with an eligible Card.
- If approved, you can get expedited screening at select airports. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA Pre✓ . Each Additional Card on eligible Card accounts is also eligible for one statement credit every 5 years for an application fee. To receive the statement credit, the application fee must be charged on the eligible Additional Card.
Free Boingo WiFi
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Wi-Fi access when you enroll in the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. Receive Wi-Fi access on up to four devices to more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide and pay no Wi-Fi roaming fees.
- Confirm eligibility, and then access Boingo’s Wi-Fi services by creating a Boingo American Express Preferred Plan account.
Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status without meeting any stay requirements
- Benefits include an enhanced room at check-in when available and 4 p.m. late Checkouts
- To enroll, call 1-800-525-3355. Use your SPG number when booking at Starwood properties.
Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Enjoy access to complimentary benefits and competitive rates with each Fine Hotels & Resorts booking at over 750 extraordinary properties worldwide.
Premium Global Assist Hotline
- When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, passport replacement, cash wires and more. Card Members may be responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.
- Shop with added confidence and Purchase Protection28, which can help protect eligible purchases made with the Platinum Card in the event they are accidentally damaged, stolen, or lost for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- Why is it that as soon as a manufacturer’s warranty runs out, something always seems to happen? When you use your American Express Card® for eligible purchases, you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling), up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Card account, if you purchased it entirely with your eligible American Express Card. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
Platinum Card Concierge
- The Platinum Card Concierge staff is happy to take on those personal tasks so you can have time to do what you want.
- From help with restaurant reservations and special event planning to gift suggestions and research, the Platinum Card® Concierge staff is always prepared to assist you day and night.
I think the American Express Platinum Card or a The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN cards provide a lot of great benefits including Delta Sky Club access (just for the cardholder), Priority Pass Select, Air Space Lounge Access, American Express Centurion Lounge Access, $200 Airline Fee Credit, Global Entry and Starwood Gold Status to name a few. See more Business card offers here.
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- New American Express Platinum Card Benefits Announced
- New Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN Offer Announced
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.