Two days ago Southwest Airlines sent out targeted codes via e-mail for saving 20% of your points when you redeem with Rapid Rewards points on a round-trip flight between January 6 and February 12, 2015. It’s good for travel on Southwest domestic and flights to Puerto Rico, and black out dates of January 16 through January 19, 2015 apply. I first heard about this promotion yesterday from a friend, and I didn’t recall receiving the e-mail. I searched all of my e-mail in-boxes and SPAM folders for “Save 20% when you redeem your points” and found that one of my Rapid Rewards accounts was targeted.
In order to be able to use the code “Wanna Get Away” fare must be available, and it must be for a round trip flight. It can be used on reservations for up to 8 people. Reservations must be made here by midnight Monday December 22, 2014.
The full list of terms and conditions:
- This single-use promo code must be entered in the Promo Code box on southwest.com® in order to receive 20 percent off roundtrip Wanna Get Away® Fares booked with Rapid Rewards® Points during the valid travel dates listed below.
- Points bookings do not include September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 one-way. Points bookings do not include any additional international government taxes and fees.
- Twenty percent discount code is valid when redeeming Rapid Rewards Points for roundtrip Wanna Get Away® Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting December 17, 2014 and prior to 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on December 22, 2014 for travel January 6, 2015 through February 12, 2015.
- Blackout dates apply: January 16, 2015 through January 19, 2015.
- Valid for Southwest Airlines® domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico scheduled flights only.
- Seven day or more advance purchase may be required for Wanna Get Away Fares.
- Discount will apply only on valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid travel dates and one is within the valid travel dates, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!®.
- Discount is not valid on Group Travel, Jackpot Deals® products, or Southwest Vacations® packages.
- Reservations can include up to eight people.
Saving 20% of points on an award redemption is a great deal, especially when you can combine multiple people on the same reservation. Also, if you participate in Chase Ultimate Rewards, keep in mind that Ultimate Rewards is a 1:1 transfer partner to Rapid Rewards. Anyone planning on using their code? I’m not going to be using my code, so I will e-mail my code to the first reader to respond in the Comments section. And if you’ve received a code you’re not using, feel free to share it in the comments below.