Have you ever dreamed about working for an airline? Which airline would it be? What position would you hold? What city would you work in? And how many coworkers would you have?
Air Transport World compiled a list of US passenger airlines with the largest number of employees as of September 2014. (Note: Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Employee calculations count two part-time employees as one full-time employee.
- United Airlines – 79,064 FTE employees
- Delta Air Lines – 75,616 employees
- American Airlines – 59,829 employees
- Southwest Airlines – 45,750 employees
- US Airways – 31,668 employees
- JetBlue Airways – 13,381 employees
- Envoy Air – 10,972 employees
- Alaska Airlines – 9,956 employees
- SkyWest Airlines – 9,830 employees
- ExpressJet Airlines – 9,092 employees
Anyone work for an airline and care to share where you work and what you do? Anyone considering working for an airline? Which airline would you want to work for and why?