Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
It’s the beginning of 2015, which means now is the best time to get look at your credit card strategy and maximize earning points and miles as well as status with credit cards. In this credit card review series, we’ll take a look at some of the credit cards in the travel space and share with you the benefits of the cards along with reasons to pick up the card or not.
In this post, we’ll look at the British Airways Visa Signature® Card.
British Airways Visa Signature® Card Benefits
You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- You will get 50,000 bonus Avios after you make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- New: $0 Intro Annual Fee The First Year, Then $95.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa Card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- In addition to the bonus Avios, you will also get 2.5 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1.25 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
- Smart Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
50,000 Avios Bonus Points
After you make $2,000 in purchase in the 1st 3 months
No Annual Fee
$0 the first year, then $95
Travel Together Ticket
Every calendar year that you spend $30k on the card.
- With the Travel Together Ticket, you can bring a companion on your next British Airways operated reward flight without using any additional Avios. There are no restrictions with a Travel Together Ticket—bring someone with you anywhere and in any cabin your Avios can take you. All travel must originate in and return to the US.
Travel Together Ticket good for 2 years!
2.5 Avios points/$1
On British Airways purchases and 1.25 Avios/$1 on all other purchases.
No foreign transaction fees
Smart Chip Technology
KEY LINK: Apply for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card
Using Avios Points
One of the great benefits of the British Airways Avios program is the relatively small amount of points required for short haul flights. You can redeem as little as 4,500 for a domestic round trip ticket. To see how many Avios points are required check out the British Airways Avios calculator.
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card has no annual fee for the first year and the 50,000 Avios point bonus will get you well on your way to free flights with British Airways! If you are able to spend the $30k each year, the Travel Together Ticket can also be pretty valuable.