It’s the beginning of 2015, which means now is the best time to get look at your credit card strategy and maximize earning points and miles as well as status with credit cards. In this credit card review series, we’ll take a look at some of the credit cards in the travel space and share with you the benefits of the cards along with reasons to pick up the card or not.
Now is a good time to get the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card, you’ll earn 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase, plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days. The card earns 10x points per dollar at Club Carlson hotels and 5x points per dollar everywhere else. Plus, you’ll get a bonus award night every time you redeem for two award nights or more, the last night is complimentary.
And if you were interested in taking advantage of the triple dip with Club Carlson to get more than 60,000 bonus points on a 3 night Radisson stay, then you’ll want to consider the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card for your spending during that promotion to maximize earnings.
- Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Earn 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase, plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days – that’s up to 9 Free Award Nights at Category 1 hotels
- 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else
- Club Carlson Gold Status is yours after you activate and use your card
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
- Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns
50,000 Bonus Points After First Purchase
After your first purchase, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus points. At fair trading value of $.25 per point, that’s like earning a bonus of $125 in your pocket, but the points are worth much more if you use for hotel award redemptions.
35,000 Points After Spending $2,500
Once you spend $2,500 in the first 90 days, you’ll earn 35,000 bonus points. At fair trading value of $.25 per point, that’s like earning a bonus of $87.5 in your pocket, but the points are worth much more if you use for hotel award redemptions.
10 Points Per $ At Club Carlson || 5 Points Per $ Elsewhere
You’ll earn 10 points per dollar at Club Carlson hotels and 5 points per dollar on other spend with the credit card.
Take a look at some of the top tier hotels by category:
Club Carlson Gold Status
Club Carlson Gold status normally requires either (1) 35 nights in a calendar year (2) 20 stays in a calendar year to earn the status. But with the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card, you get it for free.
The benefits include:
- Earn 20 Gold Points per dollar spent
- 15% discount on Food & Beverages
- Free Internet
- Points + Cash nights and redeemed Award Nights now count toward your elite status
- 35% Point Bonus
- Rollover nights
- Complimentary Room Upgrades
- Early Check-In and Late Checkout
- In-Room Welcome Gift
- 72 hour Room Availability Guarantee
My favorite benefits are definitely the 20 Gold Points per dollar, free internet, complimentary upgrades and late checkout.
You’ll receive 15 qualifying nights toward obtaining or maintaining Concierge Elite status. This is a great head start on earning the top tier status with Club Carlson.
I like the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card for hotel stays a lot because you can really rack up a lot of points with Club Carlson (10x points per dollar) plus you get a free award night on award reservations longer than 2 days with the last night complimentary.
- Apply for the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Awesome Club Carlson Triple Dip: 60,000+ For 3 Night Stay
- Club Carlson 30,000 Bonus Gold Points Promotion
- Overview of Club Carlson Concierge Status
- Overview of Club Carlson Gold Status
- Top 4 Club Carlson Hotel Redemptions