This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Gotham Air announced that it will begin accepting reservations today for scheduled helicopter flights between Manhattan and JFK, and Manhattan and ERW. Helicopters will start flying by spring 2015. First time riders can book a $99 flat rate flight by selecting a departure from one of three Manhattan heliports, and flights can be booked on www.GothamAir.com . GothamAir will also offer an app in the Apple iTunes Store in early February 2015. Gotham Air says this could cut down the commute from Manhattan from two hours sitting in traffic, to as little as six minutes riding in a helicopter.
$99 Six Minute Luxury Helicopter Rides From Manhattan to JFK And EWR
According to the press release, Gotham Air’s features include:
- Flights available seven days a week
- First time users pay $99 to JFK or EWR; after the first ride, a one way fare is $199 – $219 dependent on departure time
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres provided by world renowned Chef Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery
- Beverage services available for afternoon flights
- Luxury helicopter interiors feature Hermes leather furnishings
- VIP lounges and ground support concierge services
- Inclement weather guarantee backed by Tesla; Gotham Air will pick up guests at their home or office in Manhattan and whisk them to the airport in a sleek Tesla S on rare occasions when the winds are too high or the cloud cover is too low
Crowdsourcing helicopter rides. Interesting idea. But it’s not until you read a little more into GothamAir.com that you find out that your helicopter won’t fly until four seats are sold on it. I hope this service gets off the ground later this spring as it seems like an amazing way to get between JFK or EWR and Manhattan.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.