It’s the beginning of 2015, which means now is the best time to get look at your credit card strategy and maximize earning points and miles as well as status with credit cards. In this credit card review series, we’ll take a look at some of the credit cards in the travel space and share with you the benefits of the cards along with reasons to pick up the card or not.
In this post, we’ll look at the U.S. Bank Business Edge(TM) Select Rewards.
U.S. Bank Business Edge(TM) Select Rewards
Get 10,000 bonus points when you spend $500 in net purchases during the first 90 days after opening your account!
- Get 10,000 bonus points when you spend $500 in net purchases during the first 90 days after opening your account
- Earn 3 points per dollar on net purchases in one category of your choice: Day-to-Day Expenses, Automobile or Travel & Entertainment
- Earn 1 point per dollar on all other net purchases Unlimited points with no caps
- No annual fee
APPLY for the U.S. Bank Business Edge(TM) Select Rewards here
10,000 Bonus Points After Spend $500
After you spend your first $500 on the card (first 90 days,) you will get 10,000 bonus points.
3 Points/$1 On Category Of Your Choice
This is a nice feature that allows you to choose which category you would like as you 3x points from the following
- Day-to-Day Expenses
- Travel & Entertainment
You’ll earn 1 point/$1 spent on all other purchases.
No Annual Fee
You can redeem your points for statement credits, merchandise, travel or gift cards and there is no cap on the points that you can earn.
Airline Award Redemption
With the airline flight award redemption, you can redeem points at certain pre-defined rates. The redemption rates are based on the table below. The best part is these award flights are revenue tickets so you’ll earn miles in your program of choice when you redeem your FlexPerks.
- FlexPerks award travel redemption is an easy search and booking process based on date, destination and airline. With more than 150 airlines, you’ll find many more flight and carrier options than you would on a single airline web site.
- You can even earn frequent flyer miles/points for your FlexPerks award travel when you fly participating airlines.
- Just enter your airline frequent flyer number when requested as you book your flight or add it at check-in.
- Award travel redemption is easy – just enter departure and destination cities and travel dates in the search window.
- When your search is complete, available flights are displayed along with the number of FlexPoints needed to redeem a round-trip ticket.
- You can sort the results by airline, schedule, number of stops, points required and more. Standard airline taxes and fees are included in your redemption, so there are no surprises.
- The dollar value of your award travel ticket is shown before you commit to redeem your FlexPoints, so you can ensure you’re getting the best value for your FlexPoints.
- To redeem your award travel by phone, call 888-229-8864 between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday.
The U.S. Bank Business Edge(TM) Select Rewards card has no annual fee which is great. I like that you can choose which category you want to use for your 3x points category which might be good to target for particular spending. Say if you are in need of a card that you want to put all your automobile purchases on.