For a limited time United is offering discounts with a saver award price reduction for Star Alliance award bookings made by February 28, 2015. The good news is you can book prior to that date for travel through December 31, 2015. The discount’s are huge, but do offer savings if interested in booking a United Star Alliance partner using United Miles
United Saver Award Price Reduction
The chart below shows the amount of miles required for one-way travel in each award region within a given class of service using the United saver award price reduction promotional offer. Discounts on Business Class and Economy Class are shown below.
Remember, travel must be booked by February 28, 2015 but you can fly all the way through December 31, 2015 at the reduced rates.
Saver Award Price Reduction Details
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after January 30, and completed on or before December 31, 2015.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for travel between the regions listed in the table above.
- A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per round trip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the US; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit www.united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- This offer is combinable with other award types (e.g., member can redeem Standard Awards one way and Saver Awards one way) but only the flight segment purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for discount.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance by calling the United Customer Contact Center. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
The United saver sward price reduction can be booked through February 28, 2015 for travel good through December 31, 2015. If think you’ll book an award trip on United’s Star Alliance partners later this year, you may consider this promotion to save as much as 16% off your award booking.
Do you see any sweet spot awards with the reduced saver award pricing chart above?
- 2x United Miles With IHG
- United NOT honoring cheap $85 First Class Fares
- How To Schedule Global Entry Interview – Free Global Entry From United
- Is United Ready To Buy 10 777-300ERs?
- Earn United Miles Buying Mercedes – Up To 50,000 For New And 25,000 For Used
- United’s Increased Mileage Earning Structure for Premium Travelers
- Mother Who Said United Airlines ‘Humiliated’ Her Family Now Faces Social Media Backlash
- Will United Fly To Havana Cuba Soon? It’s ‘On The Map’ At United Airlines