United has announced that their Saver Award prices for Star Alliance and other worldwide partner airlines are temporarily reduced for select regions and cabins. You have to book a flight by February 28 to take advantage of this offer.
This table shows mileage rates for one direction of travel. For roundtrip flights, you have to double the mileage amount shown for the applicable region and cabin to get the correct total.
Saver Award Reduction for Star Alliance™ And Partner Airlines
Book: January 30 – February 28, 2015
Travel: February 10 – December 31, 2015
The Fine Print
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after January 30, and completed on or before December 31, 2015.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for travel between the regions listed in the table above.
- A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be applied to previously issued tickets.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per round trip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the US; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit www.united.com/awards.Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- This offer is combinable with other award types (e.g., member can redeem Standard Awards one way and Saver Awards one way) but only the flight segment purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for discount.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance by calling the United Customer Contact Center. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Additional terms and conditions
Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
This looks to be a nice reduction in miles and some good deals to be had. If you are looking to book something, now is your chance to get reduced award availability through February 28th and you can fly through the end of 2015!