This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club is a historic golf course founded in 1886 and is part of the Open Championship. The course is located in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, England. This was the second day of our Golf Trip to Scotland and we were excited to tee off at 3 PM on the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club course for this late afternoon round.
Scotland Golf Trip Report Index (Reverse Order):
- British Airways First Class London To Atlanta
- British Airways First Class Happy Hour
- Lunch In British Airways Concorde Room
- London Concorde Room Walkthrough
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room And British Airways 1A On A319
- British Airways Club Lounge in Edinburgh
- Jewel Of The Crown–Happy Hour In Edinburgh Scotland
- McDonald Rusacks Hotel St Andrews Scotland
- The Old Course at St Andrews Scotland Golf Round
- St Andrews, Scotland Happy Hour
- Carnoustie Golf Links Angus Scotland Golf Round
- Drive From South Port To St Andrews Golf Courses
- Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club Lancashire England (This Post)
- Hotel Vincent In Southport England
- Royal Birkdale Golf Club Southport England
- British Airways Coach Class From London to Manchester
- Breakfast In The Concorde Room First Class Lounge
- American Airlines First Class From Miami To London (777 Trip Report)
- OneWorld Miami Premium Lounge Video Walk Through
- American Airlines Miami Admirals Club Video Walk Through
- Ultimate Golf AAward Trip AA First Class To Where It All Began
Drive To Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club
We woke up after a long night in Southport. Having just played Royal Birkdale the night before, we went out for a nice dinner and ended up in the casino which is located across the street from Hotel Vincent and along the shore.
After a late complimentary breakfast buffet at the Hotel Vincent, we drove up to the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club from Southport which took us about an hour to get to the course.
Lunch At The Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club
We made sure to get to the course with plenty of time to eat lunch in the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Clubhouse.
As part of our tee time package, we were able to sit in a private dining room to enjoy a nicely prepared meal. We had a choice of ham or fish, and I think all of us except one went with the ham. It was a great way to start the day at the course.
The view from the dining room looked right down on the 18th green.
After lunch we took a look around this clubhouse and enjoyed all the history.
Round At Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club
This was our second round of 4 that we would play on our golf trip. At this point the score was Father won 1 round, the rest of us zero. But I had one up on my brother so that still counted in my book.
The tee off on number 1 on this course is tricky. A tight fairway enough as it is, made even trickier by a road along the right side and knee deep rough along the left. So you basically had to thread the needle to get it in play on the first hole. Pile this on top of nerves for the first hole of the day, and we each had a bit of nerves to overcome.
After a few holes we lost our first hole jitters. The clouds were out and the breeze was in full force for the front nine, so we had our work cut out for us.
Then at the turn, the sun broke through the clouds and the weather was much more enjoyable in the late afternoon and early evening.
As we approached the 18th green the winner was clear, our Father was going to again take the win, but I was a close second and my brother was a close third.
Bottom Line On Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club
After the round we made the 1 hour trip back to the Hotel Vincent, had a nice dinner in town and wished our college friend a safe trip back to London.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.