This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Yesterday United Airlines announced that it would be upgrading its United Club experience by focusing on hospitality, customer service, and “new and improved” complimentary food options focusing on variety, quality and freshness of the food served in the 49 United Clubs around the world.
United Club’s New Food Sounds Exactly Like Delta Skyclub’s Old Food
The new food is going to debut in Chicago O’Hare later this week. By the end of the summer the new food will be available at United Clubs in Houston, Denver, Newark, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington Dulles. All United Clubs worldwide will feature the new food by the end of the year. United is breaking its new menu into Morning Selections and Afternoon selections.
- Hot Old-Fashioned Oatmeal -assorted toppings- mixed fruit, granola, cinnamon, raisins, honey, brown sugar
- Fresh Bagel Sticks – plain and everything bagel sticks with cream cheese, assorted jams
- Greek Vanilla Yogurt -assorted toppings- mixed fruit, granola, cinnamon, raisins, honey, brown sugar
- Cage-Free Hard-Boiled Eggs served with fresh chives and paprika
- Scones – flavors rotate between cinnamon, vanilla, blueberry, and cranberry orange
- Spicy Bloody Mary Trail Mix with pretzel sticks and assorted nuts (peanut-free)
- Assorted Cereals + Milk – Corn Flakes®, granola, 2% milk, skim milk
- Fresh Fruit – apples + bananas
- Fresh Hummus -assorted toppings- pita thins or pretzel crisps, Greek olives, freshly sliced red bell peppers
- Mediterranean Salad – wheat berries, peppers, tomatoes, black olives
- Soup du Jour – hearty garden vegetable soup
- Cured Salami and Cheddar Cheese served with hearty wheat crackers
- Healthy Fitness Trail Mix with assorted dried fruit and seeds (peanut-free)
- Salty Ranchero Trail Mix with sesame sticks (peanut-free)
- Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle™
- Artisan Breads
While all of the new options are welcomed additions, it seems like the menu is suspiciously like what has been served daily in Delta’s Skyclubs since they have increased their complimentary food options system-wide in August of 2014. It looks like the only thing missing at the United Club is Delta’s marinaded mushroom mix, which I think is yucky on a good day.
Does anyone else think United’s new food is an exact replica of Delta’s food options? And are there any other lounge food items that both airlines are potentially missing out on?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.