Delta Air Lines is currently renovating their LAX SkyClub, as they continue to grow and improve their LAX facilities. New improvements to the club include:
- Additional 100 seats
- New shower suites and renovated bathrooms
- Updated food area with café seating
- New furnishings and fixtures
This is part of the $229-million expansion and enhancement of Terminal 5 at LAX, which is scheduled for completion next month, features a full suite of improvements including a new elite check-in, renovated Sky Priority lobby, expanded ticketing lobby, Larger security checkpoints, and a new baggage claim.
Who Gets Access to Delta Sky Clubs?
TRANSCONTINENTAL FIRST CLASS, DELTA ONE OR FULL Y-CLASS PASSENGER
- Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta First Class, Delta One or full Y-class ticket between New York-JFK and Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and San Francisco.
SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS (DELTA DIAMOND, PLATINUM, OR GOLD MEDALLION MEMBERS)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion® Members) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight).]
DELTA ONE OR SKYTEAM PREMIUM CABIN PASSENGER
- Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight.
DIAMOND MEDALLION CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Diamond Medallion members receive complimentary Individual Memberships which can be upgraded to an Executive Membership via Choice Benefits or with miles or cash in-Club.
DELTA RESERVE CREDIT CARD MEMBER
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express cardholders traveling on a Delta coded or Delta operated flight.
- Alaska Board Room members flying in Delta One or World Business Class on an international flight or a domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta-operated flight.
VIRGIN AUSTRALIA CLUB ACCESS
- Virgin Australia/Velocity VIP Platinum card, Platinum card or Gold card members traveling on a flight operated by Delta or Virgin Australia Airlines must show membership card for lounge access.
PLATINUM CARDHOLDERS FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Customers with select Platinum American Express credit cards may access Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta operated flight (does not include Delta SkyMiles co-branded American Express Platinum Card).
Delta’s renovating their LAX SkyClub as they continue to improve their facilities at LAX. I was at the LAX SkyClub a few weeks ago and renovations are well under way.
If you happen to be passing through LAX this summer, feel free to report back on their latest renovated club.