This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
One of the new perks with Starwood is that SPG Platinum members who stay 50 nights a year will now get to choose which perk they’d like to receive. In the past, SPG Platinum members would automatically receive 10 suite night awards at this level, but now they get to choose.
SPG 50 Nights Choice Benefits include:
- SUITE NIGHT AWARDS: Receive 10 Suite Night Awards™ that you can redeem for upgrades to suites and premium rooms.
- GIFT GOLD : Make every stay more rewarding for a family member, friend or colleague with Gold status in the SPG® program.
- AMAZON.COM GIFT CODE: With $100 to spend at Amazon.com, what will you buy? The selection is huge. The prices are right.
- TSA PRE✓®: Save valuable time and money with expedited airport screening for up to five years (an $85 value).
- UBER RIDES: Receive 4 Uber rides of up to $25 each (or its foreign equivalent currency). With the Uber app, you’re just a tap away from a reliable ride.
- SPG DONATION TO UNICEF: Pay it forward with an SPG $100 contribution to UNICEF — the world’s leading children’s organization.
I ultimately chose the 10 suite night awards again this year.
The suites that you can upgrade to range from $50-$150 a night more than the basic rooms, so I value this perk the most compared to the others. SPG Gold is given with the American Express Platinum card, which is why I wouldn’t recommend someone choosing that.
I still think the 10 Suite Night Awards are the most valuable from the list which is what I just chose for this year, but it’s nice that Starwood is giving its’ members an option for those who don’t feel they get any value out of them.
Perhaps, they should of come up with a new solution for the Suite Night Awards like confirming them advance. I also would of liked to see SPG Platinum members choose a 2nd benefit at 75 nights, and a third one at 100 nights, perhaps they’ll make this addition next year.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.