Virgin America has teamed up with American Express Membership Rewards, to offer cardholders the opportunity to earn Virgin America Elevate Gold Elite status, when transferring 80,000 Membership Rewards to Virgin America through October 8, 2015. In addition, you’ll earn a 25% transfer bonus as well with this offer.
25% Point Transfer Bonus Promotion
When you transfer American Express MR points to Elevate from September 8 to October 8, 2015 you’ll get 25% more points.
Transfer for Elevate Gold Status
Members get Elevate Gold Status when transferring 80K MR points (equals to 40K Elevate points) or more to Virgin America before December 31, 2015.
If you’re looking for cards that earn Membership Rewards points, consider the follow cards, which allow for transfers to Virgin America.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card from American Express
Terms and Conditions
- Points must be transferred in increments of 200
- The points calculator rounds up to the nearest thousand Membership Rewards points. Your Elevate points amount will be adjusted upwards accordingly.
- Transfers will be made immediately, but please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer to be completed
- Once transfer is complete, login into your Elevate account at virginamerica.com and follow the procedure for redeeming your Elevate points or call Virgin at 1-877-FLY-VIRGIN (877-359-8474)
- Award travel booked over the phone is subject to a $20 booking fee.
- You cannot reverse a points transfer. Standard American Express Terms and Conditions apply.
- Gold Status Promotion Terms: In order to be eligible for this offer and get upgraded to Gold Status, you must be enrolled in Virgin America’s Elevate Program and transfer 80,000 or more Membership Rewards points to Virgin America during the promotion eligibility period (12:00 a.m. CT on September 8, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. CT on December 31, 2015). Transfer can be done in multiple transactions during this period. In order to participate in this offer, visit MembershipRewards.com/VirginAmericato transfer Membership Rewards points to Elevate. Status will be awarded for qualifying Card Members within 14 days of transfer of 80,000 points and will remain in effect until Feb 28, 2017. For questions about the status of your upgrade, call 1-877-FLY-VIRGIN (1-877-359-8474). American Express is not responsible for availability of flight, accommodations or any other rewards in the merchant program. Once you have transferred Membership Rewards® points, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the merchant program and cannot be transferred back to your Membership Rewards program account.
Hat Tip: View from the Wing