Prior to my recent flight from San Francisco to New York on Delta, I decided to stop in the brand new Delta SFO SkyClub. I was able to access this club using one of my favorite perks with my American Express Platinum Card which is Delta SkyClub access.
We wrote about this club when it opened a few months ago, however this was the first time I was able to stop in it first hand, so below are some pictures from this awesome SkyClub.
Details of the new club include:
- A full menu designed by signature Chef Mai Pham (Author, Culinary Instructor, Chef and Founder of SFO’s finest Thai restaurant – LemmonGrass)
- Food options including healthy selections like Greek yogurt, fresh bagels, hot soup and tasty salads
- THE BAR at Delta Sky Club® (a selection of premium spirits, new local complimentary local IPA craft beer from Anchor Steam Brewing Co., seasonal cocktails, including inspired cocktails by signature chef, Mai Pham)
- Wine Program Curated by Delta’s Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson with wines selected from Napa Valley, Sonoma, Monterey, Paso Robles, Livermore Valley
- Locally inspired art by a number of artists with SFO ties
- Self-service automated espresso machine (using Starbucks beans)
- Upgraded and comfortable seating with modern décor for 187 (100+ more than the old SFO club)
- Shower suites (two) – with Isaac Mizrahi Soaps/Lotions
Plenty of seating with awesome views
Fruit and cookies
Malin + Goetz bathroom amenities
How To Get Access:
There are many credit cards which provide access to the Delta SkyClubs including the new one at SFO. As reminder both the American Express Platinum Card as well as the Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN provide complimentary SkyClub access.
When it comes to Delta co-branded credit cards, the Delta Reserve American Express provides complimentary SkyClub access, where the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card offer SkyClub access at a reduced $29 per person charge.
In addition, if you’re a Delta One passenger flying between San Francisco to New York (JFK), you receive complimentary access.
This is probably one of the nicest SkyClubs that Delta has in its network of clubs, being that its just a couple of months old. It offers tons of lighting throughout with great tarmac views. Unlike their old club, this one is located post-security which I prefer to a club where you must leave to go through security, since you can’t really predict how long the security line can be.
Have you been to the new SFO SkyClub? Feel free to comment below on your experience.