American Airlines announced today that they would be launching a new premium economy product on their international fleet in late 2016 on their new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, then eventually will be rolled out to all of their 777, 787, A330 and A350 aircraft.
American Airlines new Premium Economy will feature the following:
- A spacious environment with more legroom and wider seats
- Adjustable leather seats with extendable foot, leg and head rests
- An enhanced dining experience
- Personal on-demand entertainment at every seat
- Noise-reducing headphones
- AC power outlets and USB ports at every seat
- Amenity kits
- Priority boarding
I think this latest announcement from American is actually pretty exciting. No other US based airline has a true premium economy product, so I’m excited to see American take the lead on this. Sure Delta has Comfort Plus and United has Economy Plus, but there aren’t huge differences from coach to those.
This new Premium Economy product from American will be its own cabin and will offer a truly enhanced experience, similar to what international carriers such as Air France or Singapore Airlines offer in their premium economy cabins.