Today is the last day to purchase Starpoints with up to a 25% bonus via the following promotion. You will need to buy 20,000+ Starpoints to get the 25% savings, at a cost per purchased point of ~2.63 cents/point.
Last Chance To Buy Starpoints At Up To 25% Off!
Buy Starpoints® for yourself or as a gift now through April 30, 2016, and get up to 25% off the regular price.
Get 10% off 5,000–9,500 Starpoints
Get 15% off 10,000–14,500 Starpoints
Get 20% off 15,000–19,500 Starpoints
Get 25% off 20,000–30,000 Starpoints
- Starpoints will be credited within 24 hours of your purchase.
- To buy Starpoints for your Starwood Preferred Guest account, you must enter your account number at time of purchase. The recipient of a Starpoint purchase must be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest for a minimum of fourteen days before being able to purchase Starpoints for himself/herself.
- If you use the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express to purchase Starpoints, you will earn additional Starpoints for the dollars you charge on the card.
Transfer Points To Airline Partner:
Transfer your Starpoints directly to miles with your frequent flyer program. Even better: We’ll add 5,000 bonus Starpoints for every 20,000 you transfer at a time.
- Enjoy 1:1 Starpoints-to-miles exchange rates on most airlines
Terms: Starwood Preferred Guests can transfer up to 79,999 of their Starpoints® per transaction per program within a 24-hour period to the frequent flyer programs listed below.1 Plus, for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred within the same transaction, Starwood will automatically add another 5,000 Starpoints! This means that up to 94,999 Starpoints can be transferred into your frequent flyer account, with most airline partners, making a free flight that much closer.2 Please keep in mind that only one airline transfer transaction per member, per airline program, is permitted within a 24-hour period. Additionally the name must be the same on both accounts.
There is no minimum Starpoint transfer requirement for Platinum members with most airlines. Gold members have a minimum transfer requirement of 1,500 Starpoints, and Preferred members have a minimum transfer requirement of 2,500 Starpoints.
Transfer maximums are based on a combination of member Starpoints and the Starwood Preferred Guest airline transfer transaction bonus. Only one airline transfer transaction per member per program per 24 hour period is allowed; multiple transfer transactions within the same 24 hour period will reject. Both the Starwood Preferred Guest and airline frequent flyer program accounts must have identical member names in order to complete this request; different names will cause the transfer to reject. Airline transfers are one-way, non-reversible, and non-refundable.”
1 Transfer maximums and exchange ratios vary by airline.
2 Transfer ratios, minimum and maximums transfer requirements vary by airlines. Transfer maximums are a combination of member Starpoints and the airline transaction bonus. The following airlines transfers vary in maximum and ratios: United and VARIG, each have a maximum transfer amount per transaction of 94,998 Starpoints (79,998 from member plus 15,000 transfer bonus) for a maximum of 47,449 miles due to their 2:1 transfer ratios. Air New Zealand has a maximum transfer amount per transaction of 39,975 Starpoints (34,975 from member plus 5,000 transfer bonus) for a maximum of 615 Air Points due to its 65:1 transfer ratio.
If you are looking to book a redemption and need to top off your account or want to transfer Starpoints to of their airline partners, this promotion may make sense for you with up to 25% bonus on your Starpoint purchase.
Remember, with both the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express you get up to 5 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® hotels (1 Starpoint for all other purchases) and the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year on both cards.
- Best Category 7 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 6 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 5 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 4 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 3 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 2 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions
- Best Category 1 Starwood Hotels for Redemptions