Delta announced they would be launching a new true premium economy product, called Delta Premium. This new product will initially be launched on their new Airbus A350s will be start flying next year. The A350s will feature 48 Delta Premium seats, which will be in lieu of their Comfort Plus product. Later in 2018, Delta will roll out Delta Premium to its Boeing 777 fleet as well.
Delta Premium will feature:
- More space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and head rests;
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials, allowing customers to settle in and arrive well-rested;
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta;
- A 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones;
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach;
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service.
I think this is a great addition to Delta’s products as it’s an actual true premium economy product vs. Delta Comfort Plus. Looking a the seat dimensions it seems that these seats will be similar to their domestic first class seats, and it’s nice to see that they’ll include the Westin Heavenly pillow and blanket as well.
When it comes to Medallion upgrades, Medallion members will not be eligible for complimentary upgrades to Delta Premium, meaning that only Diamond Medallions would be able to upgrade using a global upgrade certificate.
What are your thoughts on Delta’s new Premium product?