If you are a cardmember of either The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express one of the many benefits of the cards is that you receive a $200 annual airline fee credit. Today (1/31/17) is the last day to change your chosen airline, otherwise it defaults to the airline that you had chosen last year. So, if you are needing to make a change be sure to do so today! The qualifying airline Business Platinum Card Members select for this $200 benefit and the 50% Airline Bonus must be the same.
Amex Platinum Cards Last Day To Change Your Airline For Fee Credits
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express also offers an annual $100 airline fee credit, so if you have this card be sure to make your change today as well.
How it Works
- Select the qualifying airline you want online, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. You can change your airline selection online or by phone once a year in January.
- Use your Card to pay for eligible incidental travel fees from that airline.
- You’ll receive a statement credit covering those fees, typically 2–4 weeks after you pay for them.
Good to Know
- This benefit doesn’t offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty–free purchases, or award tickets.
- Eligible purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are covered. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can’t exceed $200 on the Card account per calendar year.
- Read below for other important terms and conditions.
If you don’t have the The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express you may want to consider the many benefits including the $200 annual airline fee credit. Both cards have strong public offerings right now. Also, check out the Great News on New Amex Centurion Lounge Expansion.