This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
While logging on to my American Express account this morning, I was prompted with a new offer on both my Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express and my Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express (yes, I have both.) This new benefit allows you to “borrow miles today and earn them later when you spend on your Card/s. Pretty interesting!
Borrow Miles With Delta Card’s Newest Benefit
The benefit of this could be helpful to many. In booking and planning points vacations, especially when you are planning them for a family of four it is sometimes hard to have enough miles to book all your airfare when you want to. Especially if you travel often on points and if you make expensive redemptions in First class, etc.
Let’s take a look at this new benefit of the Delta SkyMiles cards from American Express.
If you are looking for more ways to earn Delta miles, consider the Delta Reserve card, The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
- It takes up to 72 hours for your miles to post.
- At the end of the six month period you have any remaining miles still owing you pay 2.5¢ per mile.
Fly Now, Earn LaterSM
- Eligible Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members must be in good standing to access Fly Now, Earn Later.
- If you qualify to access Fly Now, Earn Later, the maximum number of miles you can borrow is based on several factors including Card activity.
- You may have only one (1) Fly Now, Earn Later Balance outstanding at any time.
- The Fly Now, Earn Later Start Date is defined as the date that borrowed miles are posted to your Delta SkyMiles account.
- The Fly Now, Earn Later End Date is defined as the last day of the sixth full billing period following the Start Date.
- If, on the End Date, there are miles remaining in your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance, then your Card account will be charged for those remaining miles at a rate of $0.025 per mile.
- If you do not see the borrowed miles posted to your Delta SkyMiles account immediately, please allow up to 72 hours.
- Any miles borrowed cannot be returned or transferred and are subject to Delta SkyMiles terms and conditions. See full program rules here.
I like this option, how about you? Do you have one or more of these cards already? If not and you are looking for more ways to earn Delta miles, consider the Delta Reserve card, The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.