Earn Medallion Status with Delta Air Lines Status Match Challenge for passengers wishing to move their loyalty over to Delta. If you currently have elite status on another airline, you may be eligible to partake in this offer, which allows you to earn Medallion status at a fraction of normal flying requirements.
Who’s eligible for a Delta Status Challenge?
You are eligible to participate in our Status Match Challenge if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Medallion Status in the past three years, unless the complimentary Medallion Status was through your Million Miler Status
- You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
- You are able to present both a valid, current elite credential and a statement showing your earned elite status
Once your request is approved, you will be automatically enrolled in the challenge and matched to Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Status based on your current elite status with another airline. Your complimentary Status Match will last for 3 months beginning on the date your request is approved.
Enjoying your complimentary Medallion Status? Extend it by earning during the 3 month complimentary period the required amount of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) and, for U.S.-based Members only, the required amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs).
If you wish to challenge and keep the status here’s what you’ll have to fly:
- To retain Silver status: 6,250 miles or 8 segments and $750 MQDs
- To retain Gold status: 12,500 miles or 15 segments and $1,500 MQDs
- To retain Platinum status: 18,750 miles or 25 segments and $2,250 MQDs
You’ll notice that Delta has added the Medallion Qualifying Dollars (MQDs) requirement for 2018 in their status match program.
If you enroll in the challenge on or after July 1, 2017 and you complete the requirements, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2019.
Beginning January 1st, 2018, the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challengeopens in a new window will now include a spending requirement for U.S.-based Members to better mirror the flying and spending requirements to reach Medallion Status. In addition to the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) and Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) requirements that already exist for the Status Match Challenge, U.S.-based Members must also earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs).
Also beginning January 1st, current earned Medallion Members or Medallion Members who received complimentary Medallion Status through their Million Miler Status can enroll in the Status Match Challenge, as long as they meet the other eligibility requirements.
Looking for More Delta Miles?
If you are looking for more ways to earn Delta miles, consider the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
If you are interested, you can submit your request to be considered for SkyMiles Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Status through this promotion here. It can take up to three weeks to hear back, so allow enough time before you plan on flying to do so.
- Earn Medallion Qualification Miles for Elite Status on Delta
- Delta’s New Status Match Challenge Adds 7 New Airlines
- Delta Increasing Amex MQD Waiver to $250,000 for Diamond Medallion Status