Will it be a good makeover or a bad one? IHG PointsBreaks allowed you in the past to book certain hotels for only 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points per night, which is awesome! But, the problem was that the list of available properties was pretty underwhelming. Here’s a look at their list from the last round of IHG PointBreaks.
IHG PointsBreak Gets A Makeover
IHG has announced that on January 29, 2018, at 12 pm EST, they will unveil their new PointsBreaks. Here’s what we know so far…
- You will still be able to book some of the PointsBreaks IHG hotels at 5k points, but in addition IHG now says participating hotels can cost up to 15,000 points.
- Choices will be 5,000, 10,000, or 15,000 IHG points per night
- 200+ hotels will participate in PointBreaks
- You will also be able to use points and cash to book
Heres the sneak peek list of hotels that are included:
- Holiday Inn® Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie (Malaysia) (5,000 IHG points)
- InterContinental® Nairobi (Kenya) (10,000 IHG points)
- Holiday Inn® San Antonio Northwest (US) (10,000 IHG points)
- InterContinental® Cali (Colombia) (10,000 IHG points)
- Holiday Inn Express® London – Newbury Park (UK) (10,000 IHG points)
- InterContinental® Sao Paolo (Brazil) (15,000 IHG points)
- Holiday Inn® Helsinki City Centre (Finland) (15,000 IHG points)
- Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz (Germany) (15,000 IHG points)
Hopefully this makeover will provide some nicer properties that you can book on PointsBreak for 10k or 15k points (which is still a pretty good deal!) We will know a lot more on January 29, 2018, at 12 pm EST when they release the full list!
Short on IHG points, consider this promotion where you can grab IHG Points Up To 75% Bonus!