Delta announced they’d be expanding their service at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, with new non-stop service to Phoenix and Austin, increasing their CVG service to 36 destinations, including transatlantic service to Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
Delta has increased their service by 12 percent the past two years, now offering 82 peak day departures from Cincinnati, however it’s still a far cry from what they used to offer here during Delta’s pre-merger Northwest days.
Here’s a look at what’s coming per Delta,
New Service to Austin and Phoenix
Beginning May 1, daily (except Sat.) service to and from Austin will operate as follows:
|CVG at 9:50 a.m.||AUS at 11:25 a.m.||CRJ-700|
|AUS at 11:55 a.m.||CVG at 3:25 p.m.||CRJ-700|
Beginning Nov. 4, daily service to and from Phoenix will operate as follows:
|CVG at 7:30 a.m.||PHX at 9:30 a.m.||Boeing 737-800|
|PHX 5 p.m.||CVG at 11:05 p.m.||Boeing 737-800|
Year-round Seattle service and more Baltimore frequency
Summer seasonal Seattle nonstop service will move to year-round effective March 2 based on strong demand from both business and leisure customers. In addition, a third frequency will be added to Baltimore beginning May 7 to provide more convenient schedule options for business customers.
Additional service to existing markets
Delta is upgrading capacity in 15 markets with the following highlights:
- In December, Delta upgraded Denver service from Boeing 717s to larger MD90 aircraft, responding to customer demand and providing over 40 percent more seats.
- Beginning May 1, service to Ft. Myers, Fla. will be upgraded to 110-seat Boeing 717 aircraft, up from 76-seat regional jets.
- Select flights to Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Raleigh-Durham and Las Vegas will see added seat capacity.
- This August, service to Tampa will retain Boeing 717 equipment instead of a seasonal downguage to a 76-seat regional jet.
- Starting this April Delta will improve its Saturday schedule in Chicago O’Hare, and then expand Saturday flying in Baltimore, Boston, Washington Reagan National, Raleigh Durham and select Florida markets in June.
Feel free to comment below with your thoughts on this latest service addition from Delta.