This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Delta Medallion upgrades return on transcontinental flights starting today, April 1, 2018. This is great news for Medallions who will be eligible for unlimited day-of-departure complimentary upgrades to the Delta One cabin on all domestic flights, including Hawaii.
As a reminder, Delta announced Delta One Business Class Expands to More US Domestic Routes, with New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) returning to a Delta One business class route and New York (JFK) to San Diego starting on April 1, 2018. Then, New York (JFK) to Las Vegas will also become a premium Delta One business class route starting on May 1, 2018.
New Medallion Upgrade Rules:
Starting April 1, 2018, Delta Sky Miles Medallion Members will be eligible for unlimited day-of-departure Complimentary Upgrades to the Delta One cabin on all domestic flights, including Hawaii. This is the airline’s latest move to simplify its SkyMiles program while making it more rewarding for customers.
The domestic Delta One upgrade process will align with the airline’s domestic First Class process, except upgrades will be awarded in the hours leading up to the flight, as opposed to beginning several days ahead of time.
Medallion Members will be eligible for Complimentary Upgrades in:
- All U.S. 50 Delta One cabins on the day of departure
- All First Class cabins worldwide (beginning up to 120 hours/5 days prior to departure depending on Medallion Tier)
- All Delta Comfort+ seats worldwide (beginning at booking a ticket depending on Medallion Tier)
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may also use Regional Upgrade Certificates on any flight that is eligible for Complimentary Upgrades, including all First Class and U.S. 50 Delta One flights. These certificates are available through Delta SkyMiles’ industry-exclusive Choice Benefits program.
Check out our recent Delta One Transcontinental Flight Reviews:
- Flight Review: Delta One Business Class Breakfast JFK-LAX
- Delta One Transcontinental Business Class Dinner SFO-JFK
- Delta One Winter 2016 JFK-LAX Meal Service
- Delta One Business Class JFK-LAX Meal Service
If you’re looking to earn Medallion status, to be eligible for these upgrades, consider the following cards which offer bonus Medallion Qualification Miles like the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express which comes with 10,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles after meeting the minimum spend. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card also offers with 10,000 MQMs after you spend $3,000 in purchases with your new Card in the first 3 months.
Is anyone else excited that complimentary Medallion upgrades are now back on transcontinental flights? Feel free to share your thoughts below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.