This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta announced increase service to Europe this winter with the following routes: New York-JFK to Lisbon; Los Angeles to Paris and Amsterdam; Indianapolis to Paris; Orlando to Amsterdam. Delta will be discontinuing their Newark Liberty International Airport to Paris-Charles de Gaulle route effective Oct. 27, due to poor performance.
Effective October 27, nonstop service from Delta’s hub at John F. Kennedy International Airport will operate on to Lisbon on Boeing 757 aircraft.
Delta’s new Indianapolis-Paris flight launches on May 24 and will now be extended into the winter. As Indianapolis’s only nonstop service to Europe, it will now provide Indianapolis travelers year-round nonstop access to the City of Light on 767-300ER aircraft
Delta’s new Orlando-Amsterdam service began on March 30, and will now run through the winter, providing a vital year-round, nonstop link between Florida’s entertainment capital and one of Europe’s most charming and authentic cities
Delta will discontinue service effective October 27 between Newark Liberty International Airport and Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Customers in the New York City area will still have access to Paris via Delta and joint venture partner Air France flights from New York-JFK with up to a combined five daily roundtrips.
Here’s a look at all the winter service enhancements:
New York-JFK – Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)
- DL473 JFK at 10:20 p.m. LIS at 10:15 a.m. (Up to five times weekly (four times weekly Jan. through early March)
- DL273 LIS at 11:45 a.m. JFK at 3:03 p.m. Up to five times weekly (four times weekly Jan. through early March)
Los Angeles – Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Amsterdam (AMS)
- DL156 LAX at 11:42 a.m. CDG at 8:15 a.m. (next day) (Three times weekly)
- DL157 CDG at 3:15 p.m. LAX at 6:48 p.m. (Three times weekly)
- DL78 LAX at 12:12 p.m. AMS at 8:30 a.m.(next day) (Four times weekly)
- DL79 AMS at 3:30 p.m. LAX at 6:39 p.m. (Four times weekly)
Indianapolis (IND) – Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
- DL500 IND at 6:29 p.m. CDG at 8:40 a.m. (next day) (Four times weekly (three times weekly Jan. through early March)
- DL501 CDG at 1:10 p.m. IND at 4:54 p.m. Four times weekly (three times weekly Jan. through early March)
Orlando (MCO) – Amsterdam (AMS)
- DL126 MCO at 9:48 p.m. AMS at 12:45 p.m. (next day) (Four times weekly)
- DL127 AMS at 2:40 p.m. MCO at 7:49 p.m. (Four times weekly)
If you’re looking to maximize your Delta SkyMiles, when it comes to award bookings for any of these flights, let Juicy Miles book your next award trip for you through their fast and easy process, which they charge a small fee.
Have you flown Delta recently to Europe? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.