The WALT DISNEY WORLD SWAN AND DOLPHIN RESORT is a interesting choice for many points collectors because you can use Marriott points to stay at either of these properties for free. It looks like there will soon be a newer option! “The Swan and Dolphin hotels on Disney property, announced they have entered an agreement with Disney to build a new tower on the current site of the Swan hotel’s tennis courts.”
Big Change Coming For Disney Swan & Dolphin Hotel
Breaking: New 349-room hotel planned for Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort
According to bizjournals.com
New York-based Tishman real estate firm and Metlife Investment Management, the owners of the Swan and Dolphin hotels on Disney property, announced they have entered an agreement with Disney to build a new tower on the current site of the Swan hotel’s tennis courts. The 14-story, 349-room hotel project is expected to break ground this fall and open in 2020.
The planned hotel will feature:
- Meeting rooms with rooftop terrace– Over 21,000 total square feet of meeting space on three floors, including the top floor which will offer spectacular views of Disney’s nightly Epcot and Hollywood Studios theme park fireworks
- Guest rooms– 198 traditional rooms and 151 suites offering private executive meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology
- Restaurant– 75-seat restaurant including a 50-seat lounge and bar area and additional function space
- Fitness center– Full-service health club with private changing rooms
- Outdoor space– Lushly landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and 90-foot long pool
“We look forward to expanding the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and to marking the next chapter in our decades-long relationship with Disney,” said Daniel R. Tishman, principal and vice chairman of Tishman, in a prepared statement. “This expansion is an exciting continuation of our commitment to delivering a best-in-class experience for all resort guests, and is consistent with our recent enhancement of the Dolphin lobbies and resort guestrooms.”
This new hotel will give Marriott enthusiasts another option to choose from when visiting Disney!