This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
We shared news of Hyatt & Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) Loyalty Alliance, where World of Hyatt members will be able to earn and redeem World of Hyatt points at participating SLH hotels when members book through Hyatt channels.
World of Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels Loyalty Alliance
As a follow-up to the initial announcement, World of Hyatt members will now be able to earn and redeem points at over 50 Small Luxury Hotels starting December 6, 2018. Additional SLH properties are expected to join the program throughout the rest of 2018 and into 2019.
World of Hyatt members will earn elite qualifying nights at SLH properties, and all World of Hyatt members will receive additional benefits including Wi-Fi, continental breakfast, room upgrades, and early check-in and late check-out.
What’s unique about the World of Hyatt benefits at Small Luxury Hotels properties is that there is no differentiation for Discoverist, Explorist, and Globalist, making SLH properties even more enriching for Discoverist members.
Additionally as a result, World of Hyatt is implementing a new Category 8, which will cost 40,000 points per night to stay at. A select number of SLH properties will be added in at this category, however no legacy Hyatt properties will be moving up.
Beginning November 29, 2018, World of Hyatt members can book participating SLH boutique, luxury properties through Hyatt channels, and will be able to earn and redeem points and enjoy on-property member benefits for stays starting December 6, 2018, including:
Earning and Redemption:
- World of Hyatt members earn 5 Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- World of Hyatt members will receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, 30% Globalist)
- Qualifying nights at SLH hotels will count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- World of Hyatt members can redeem points to use for free night awards on SLH hotel reservations; each SLH property has been categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart, which includes a new Category 8 at 40,000 points
Participating SLH properties will provide the following on-property benefits to all World of Hyatt members:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- Room Upgrade (one category at check-in if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00pm, based upon availability at check-in)
As a reminder, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to World of Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio, if you’re planning to redeem using all points as this is another consideration to transfer over Chase Ultimate Rewards. Hyatt recently announced World of Hyatt Points + Cash Award Pricing Changes and More as well as New Benefits for World of Hyatt Members with Exhale Integration.
What are your thoughts on these latest changes from World of Hyatt? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.