This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Earlier this year we wrote about Are Delta Basic Economy SkyMiles Award Tickets Coming? and it’s finally starting to be implemented on select routes. Delta has started testing Basic Economy award tickets on select domestic routes, with plans to roll them out on a widespread basis in the coming months.
All Standard Basic Economy Rules Will Apply to Award Tickets:
- Seats can not be assigned in advance and will automatically be chosen at check-in or at the gate, however there are no seat changes
- Fare is non-refundable and non-changeable, meaning if you can’t take the flight, you’re out for the entire value of the ticket
- Zone 4 boarding for Basic Economy customers unless a Medallion Member, then Priority boarding would apply
- No Same Day Travel Changes allowed since the ticket is non-changeable. Medallion members are NOT eligible for Same Day Confirm or Same Day Standby option
- Ticket is not upgrade eligible for anyone including Medallions
- Not eligible for complimentary Comfort + or Preferred seating or to buy up to these seats
What are your thoughts on Delta adding Basic Economy award tickets for a few thousand miles less than a Main Cabin fare? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.