This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Delta offers Platinum and Diamond Medallion members choice benefits, up qualifying for Medallion status at these two levels. Platinum Medallions receive one choice, whereas Diamonds get to choose three benefits.
For those who have earned 2019 Platinum Medallion status which is valid until January 31, 2020, you’re eligible to select a choice benefit if you haven’t done so already.
Here’s a rundown of the 2019 Platinum Medallion Choice Benefits:
Platinum Medallion members who have qualified for status are eligible to choice one of the following benefits:
- 4 Regional Upgrades: On Delta flights, you can use one-way Regional Upgrade Certificates on all paid published Main Cabin and Delta Comfort+ fares, on Pay with Miles tickets, and on Companion Certificates. Upgrade Certificates are not valid on Award Travel or tickets booked in Basic Economy (E Class). You can use these certificates on the same routes as Medallion Complimentary Upgrades. These include all flights with First Class and the domestic Delta One experience.
- 1 Global Entry Application Voucher: Save time re-entering the U.S. or going through security using Global Entry opens in a new windowPlease note, this links to an external site separate from delta.com, which may not follow the same accessibility or privacy policies., which makes you eligible to participate in TSA Pre Check, and enjoy both programs for five years.
- 20,000 Bonus SkyMiles: Add miles to your account, gift them to another SkyMiles Member or donate them to a SkyWish charity of your choice.
- 1 Travel Voucher or Retail Gift Card: Select from a $200 Delta Travel Voucher valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, also applicable toward a Delta Vacations package; or a $200 Tiffany & Co. Gift Card
- Give Silver Medallion Status: Give Silver Medallion Status including Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Check-In, Priority Boarding and more.
Which Choice Benefit Should You Choose?
When it comes to selecting Choice Benefits as a Platinum Medallion, it’s important to give it some thought. Decide which benefits are the most valuable, and ones that you can’t receive normally. I’d say the most valuable options would be four regional upgrade certificates or Delta Silver Medallion status. Both of these are “priceless” as you can’t buy them outright normally.
The regional upgrade certificates can be quite valuable if you fly on transcontinental routes including JFK-LAX/SFO, which offer Delta One. Also these are great if you’re going to Hawaii, as upgrades can be hard to come by on these routes.
Gifting Silver Medallion to a friend/family also is a great benefit to choose, especiallly if they fly Delta often, but not enough to earn Medallion status on their own.
Which 2019 Platinum Delta Choice Benefit would you choose? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.