Delta offers Platinum and Diamond Medallion members choice benefits, up qualifying for Medallion status at these two levels. Platinum Medallions receive one choice, whereas Diamonds get to choose three benefits.
For those who have earned 2019 Diamond Medallion status which is valid until January 31, 2020, you’re eligible to select a choice benefit if you haven’t done so already.
Here’s a rundown of the 2019 Diamond Medallion Choice Benefits:
Diamond Medallion members who have qualified for status are eligible to choice three of the following benefits:
- Upgrades Certificates: Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates have a higher priority than Medallion Complimentary Upgrade requests and must be booked and flown one year from date of issuance. Diamond Medallions can choose either 4 Global or 8 Regional or 2 Global and 4 Regional.
- 2 Global Entry Application Voucher: Save time re-entering the U.S. or going through security using Global Entry opens in a new windowPlease note, this links to an external site separate from delta.com, which may not follow the same accessibility or privacy policies., which makes you eligible to participate in TSA Pre Check, and enjoy both programs for five years.
- Delta Sky Club Individual Membership: Diamond Medallion Members may choose unlimited access to Delta Sky Club locations around the globe. You can also bring up to two paid guests at the rate of $29.00 per guest per visit.
- Delta Sky Club Executive Membership: Diamond Medallion Members may choose an Executive Membership, which includes unlimited complimentary Club access for the Member and up to two guests per visit or a spouse/domestic partner and children under 21. (Requires 2 Choice Benefits)
- Delta Sky Club Guest Pass (Credit Card Access): Must have complimentary Delta Sky Club access via eligible credit card such as the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express. You receive unlimited access to Delta Sky Club locations for up to two guests per visit when traveling with the eligible Card Member.
- 25,000 Bonus SkyMiles: Add miles to your account, gift them to another SkyMiles Member or donate them to a SkyWish charity of your choice.
- 1 Travel Voucher or Retail Gift Card: Select from a $200 Delta Travel Voucher valid for 12 months from the date of issuance, also applicable toward a Delta Vacations package; or a $200 Tiffany & Co. Gift Card
- Give Gold Medallion Status: Give Gold Medallion Status including Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Priority Check-In, Priority Boarding and more.
Which Choice Benefit Should You Choose?
When it comes to selecting Choice Benefits as a Diamond Medallion, it’s important to give it some thought. Decide which benefits are the most valuable, and ones that you can’t receive normally. I’d say the most valuable options would be four global upgrade certificates or Delta Gold Medallion status. Both of these are “priceless” as you can’t buy them outright normally.
The global upgrade certificates can be quite valuable if you fly on international routes, which are not normally upgrade eligible. Use these for Europe, Asia, South America for maximum value.
Gifting Gold Medallion to a friend/family also is a great benefit to choose, especially if they fly Delta often, but not enough to earn Gold Medallion status on their own.
Looking for More Delta Miles?
If you are looking for more ways to earn Delta miles, consider the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
For comparison see our Delta 2019 Platinum Medallion Choice Benefits Overview
Which 2019 Diamond Delta Choice Benefit would you choose? Feel free to share in the comments below.