Hyatt announced that they have major plans to expand their luxury brands within the Asia Pacific region by 2020. They are planning to open 21 new hotels between the following brands: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz, and Alila.
This news follows the recent addition as Hyatt announced they’d be acquiring Two Roads Hospitality, which is composed of Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels, tommie and Alila Hotels & Resorts, adding to their overall global presence.
Planned openings in 2019
- Andaz Dubai The Palm in the United Arab Emirates
- Andaz Gangnam Seoul in South Korea
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China
- Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand
- Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar
- Park Hyatt Jakarta in Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan
- Park Hyatt Shenzhen in China
Planned openings in 2020
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman
- Andaz Bali in Indonesia
- Andaz Sanya Sunny Bay in China
- Andaz Shenzhen in China
- Andaz Xiamen in China
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in Korea
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait in Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China
- Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono in Japan
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China
Hyatt also announced plans for their Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong, which will be a 665 room hotel opening by the end of 2019.
It’s great to see Hyatt expanding within the Asia Pacific region. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.