The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport has been building it’s brand new airport terminal which now has been announced that it will officially open on November 6, 2019.
The new airport terminal will have 35 gates spread across three concourses, new parking garages, expanded security checkpoints, as well as 40 food and beverage options for travelers.
Here are the details:
The City of New Orleans and the New Orleans Aviation Board announced that the new terminal at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) will open to the public on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019. All 16 commercial airlines at MSY will operate from the new terminal located at 1 Terminal Drive, Kenner, LA, and the existing facility at 900 Airline Dr., Kenner, LA, will close to the public.
Individuals with travel scheduled on or after Nov. 6 are advised to take the necessary steps to prepare for arriving at or departing from a different terminal facility in a new location. Passengers should plan to arrive to the airport at least two hours ahead of their scheduled departure to allow enough time to check in, process through security and get to their gate.
Other amenities available at the new terminal include:
- Fast, free Wi-Fi
- Chargers available at 50 percent of the seats in the gate areas
- Water bottle refilling stations post-security
- Three Mothers Rooms
- Fully-automated restrooms with sanitary seat covers
- A pet relief area post security
- Music venues located pre and post security
- In-line baggage screening system
- Three curbside check-in locations with easy access to the Short Term Garage