American Airlines announced some exciting summer expansion plans for 2020 as the airline adds eight new domestic routes with summer, as well as bringing back summer seasonal service for a total of 20 routes.
Highlights include new service being added to Martha’s Vineyard (MVY) and Nantucket (ACK) in Massachusetts, as well as continuing to grow in Traverse City, Michigan. Internationally, American is adding Casablanca service starting in June 2020.
Per American Airlines,
Beginning in June, American will add two new ways to get to the lighthouses and sandy beaches of Martha’s Vineyard from two connecting hubs on the East Coast — Philadelphia (PHL) and Charlotte (CLT). The airline will also introduce a new route to the cobblestone streets of Nantucket with Saturday service from PHL. All three flights will be operated on an Embraer 175, featuring 12 First Class seats and 64 Main Cabin seats.
Next summer, Traverse City (TVC) will see direct service from PHL and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), giving customers access to the shores of Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay every Saturday. The airline will also introduce new Saturday service from Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Portland, Maine (PWM) operated on an Airbus A319 aircraft.
In August, American announced an international expansion that includes entering Africa for the first time with service to Casablanca, Morocco (CMN), from PHL and seasonal service from Chicago (ORD) to Krakow, Poland (KRK); Prague, Czech Republic (PRG); and Budapest, Hungary (BUD). American will be the only US carrier providing service to KRK, BUD and PRG from ORD.
If you’re looking to redeem your American Airlines miles or other credit card points for these new routes, consider using the Juicy Miles award booking service, who can help you redeem for the lowest amount of miles.
Check out the other recently announced new routes:
- American Airlines South America Expansion
- American Airlines 2020 Summer Expansion Announced
- American Airlines New Caribbean and Mexico Service
- American Airlines Announces Several New Routes in 2019
- American Airlines Announces Several New Domestic and International Routes
- American Airlines Launches Several New Routes to Europe
- American Airlines Launching New Caribbean and Hawaii Service
- American Airlines Launching New Service from DFW, LAX, MIA
- American Airlines Launches Service to Reykjavik, Iceland