Last year, we shared how World of Hyatt and American Airlines announced plans for a new partnership, where members of both programs will be able to earn miles, points and status through a new loyalty relationship. Part of this partnership includes elite tier status challenges for members of both programs.
Starting today, eligible World of Hyatt elite members can sign-up for American Airlines AAdvantage elite status challenges, and American Airlines elite members can enroll for World of Hyatt elite status challenges.
Beginning March 9, 2020, eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® elite members who have linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® accounts will have the opportunity to register and complete qualifying activity in order to quickly achieve elite tier status in the reciprocal program. The details are as follows:
- Eligible World of Hyatt Explorists and Globalists can register by September 30, 2020 and complete qualifying AAdvantage® activity within three months to achieve AAdvantage® Gold, Platinum or Platinum Pro status through January 2022. Once earned, they can enjoy elite benefits like priority boarding, free checked bags, elite mileage bonus, preferred seats and complimentary upgrades.
- This activity is earned when a member flies on eligible tickets for flights marketed and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle.
- Eligible AAdvantage® Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members can register by October 2, 2020 and complete qualifying World of Hyatt activity within 90 days to achieve World of Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status through February 2022. Once earned, they can enjoy elite benefits like a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and club lounge access or complimentary breakfast.
- This activity is earned when a member books an eligible rate or award night through Hyatt channels.
- Eligible World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® members must successfully link their accounts and register in order for qualifying activity to count toward earning elite tier status during the offer period.
- Members can choose when to register for this offer based on the timing that works best for their travel plans. Once registered, they will be notified of the offer details, including the qualifying activities and specific offer period.
- World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® elite members can continue earning more points and miles through this strategic relationship once they link their accounts, including:
- AAdvantage® Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members can earn one AAdvantage® bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences.
- World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members can earn one World of Hyatt Bonus Point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American Airlines flights.
- This is in addition to the AAdvantage® miles elite members already earn on flights and the World of Hyatt® points elite members already earn for hotels stays.
- AAdvantage® miles earned on eligible Hyatt hotel spend are bonus miles and do not count toward elite qualifying miles.
- World of Hyatt Bonus Points earned for qualifying American Airlines flights do not count toward elite tier status in World of Hyatt.