American Express added $100 in statement credits at Saks 5th Avenue a few years back in the form of two $50 credits each year. The first $50 benefit is available for cardholders in the first half of the year meaning you have until June 30 to use. The next $50 will run from July through December. Don’t forget to use yours by this Wednesday!
One of my favorite credit cards in my wallet is my Platinum Card from American Express, which I love for a variety of reasons which include American Express Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass Select, and Delta SkyClub Access and the annual $200 airline fee credit which is per calendar year.
Amex Platinum Cardholders: Use $50 Saks Credit by 6/30
Details on the addition of $100 in Saks 5th Avenue credits:
- Personal versions of Amex Platinum
- One $50 credit will be available each January through June,
- A second $50 will be available in the second half of the year.
- Card Details: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- You will have to register for this here, starting on July 1. (don’t worry we will remind you!)
Amex has added the following new benefits to the Amex Platinum card:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
Have you used your $50 American Express Saks credit yet? Feel free to share in the comments below.