Southwest Airlines has expanded its schedule through June 4, 2022, and as a result added some new domestic routes. Additionally, we see new service from Ft. Lauderdale to Havana, Cuba starting early next year.
Starting April 25, 2022, the airline will offer new nonstop flights between:
- Austin and Tulsa, Okla. (One daily roundtrip)
- San Antonio and Oklahoma City (One roundtrip on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays)
- Syracuse, N.Y. and Tampa (One roundtrip on Saturdays)
On the same date, Southwest also will resume previously offered nonstop service between:
- San Antonio and Los Angeles (LAX) (One daily roundtrip)
- Dallas (Love Field) and Louisville, Ky. (One roundtrip on Sundays through Fridays)
- Houston (Hobby) and Milwaukee (One roundtrip on Sundays through Fridays)
- Nashville and San Jose, Calif. (One roundtrip on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays)
Beginning April 30, 2022, the carrier also plans to resume service on Saturdays between:
- Dallas (Love Field) and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Dallas (Love Field) and Norfolk, Va.
- Kansas City, Mo. and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Kansas City, Mo. and Pensacola, Fla.
- Kansas City, Mo. and Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- Nashville and Seattle
- Pittsburgh and Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The carrier also plans to resume daily service on Feb. 17, 2022, between Fort Lauderdale and Havana. This complements existing daily service between Tampa and Havana, which resumed on Dec. 5, 2021.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Continues Hawaii Expansion and More
- Southwest New Flights Hawaii, Mexico, Turks & Caicos
- Southwest Airlines New Nonstop Routes and Returning Seasonal Service
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.