This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
After 42 hours of the “Great Drink Mate Contest” the discussion has started. Here are the official entries into the “Great Drink Mate” contest.
Act fast by heading over to the official entry post and sharing your favorite drink and picture, even if you are not going to the OWMD event. The promotion entry period ended on Tuesday, 1/24/12 at 12 PM PST.
A winner will be selected on Wednesday afternoon and announced before the start of the OWMD. Help me pick a winner by sharing your comments or re-tweating to your friends to get them to weigh in. What is your favorite drink?
1. TelevisionTdTina likes Captain Morgan w/ Diet Coke and a squeeze of lime, Aarrgggg!
2. Mowogo prefers his libations from the lost generation. He attracts attention with a premium drink like the Hemmingway Daiquiri.
3. The Points Guy takes his Makers Mark on the rocks.
4. Paul prefers the national drink of his current country of residence – a pisco sour (catedral, of course!).
5. NYCAdventurer goes straight to the liquid cocaine and is ready to party!
8. JoshUK appreciates a Woolworth Flip which is a mixture of buffalo trace bourbon, Cynar, Carpano Antica. Root Beer Bitters, shaken with an egg.
10. Pat (aka “The Boss”) orders her Tequila!! in the form of a margarita, on the rocks, please.
11. Pathfinders uses a more masculin drink to grab attention at a happy hour, like the shirley temple.
12. MommyPoints kicks off the day with a proper drink and a toast, like a Mimosa or a bloody Mary if hurting from the night before!
13. DFWSkylink catches a smile with a cucumber flavor vodka gimlet.
14. carwag25 goes with an oldie but goodie Grasshopper, that is if the bartender can make it.
15. Alphagirl would order a Scorpion and insist that it come in the giant shell or coconut monkey (a la Trader Vic’s) and a little umbrella….
16. Randy always has a “house margarita” at Julia’s Cantina and always in full dress – OJ, lime juice, Cointreau, agave syrup and Avion tequila.
Non-OWMD Entries (Anyone Not Attending OWMD)
1. WillRunForMiles likes a nice manhattan, martini, or jack & ginger but not at the same time!
2. Jimgotkp prefers to mix it up with a little variety, nothing more than a well made Long Island Iced Tea.
3. Susan prefers the pomegranate mojito that she had at The Common Ground Garden Cafe in Kaua’i in December, yum yum.
4. Rebecca likes an old school drink on a warm summer night, a vodka gimlet will do, thank you.
5. Dan uses blended rum, pineapple juice, and vanilla ice cream in a blender. You’ll never know what hit you!!
6. WorldTraveller2 would love to start a happy hour with a Pisco Sour and start the debate of national origin of the drink: Chile or Peru?!
7. Ari kicks off a memorable night with an ice-cold shot of Jäger w/new friends…
To celebrate in the giving spirit, we are giving away a complimentary $50 Happy Hour tab (Amex Gift Card) to one lucky winner and a T-Shirt Supporting Susan G. Komen For The Cure. There are other prizes for a lucky runner up and for a lucky Non-OWMD attendee entry. For the official prize descriptions and entry rules head on over to the official Great Drink Mate Contest post.
Now that the contest entry period has ended, what is your favorite drink from the list above?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.