This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
I just received my Platinum Welcome Reward from Starwood Preferred Guest. The program provides a small token of appreciation each year for reaching their top elite level, Platinum status. In reality, there are actually three levels of Platinum Status with varying degrees of benefits. I recently reached the lowest Platinum status level and received a nice token of appreciation. The message I received from Starwood once I achieved Platinum status:
You traveled. You stayed. You conquered. Congratulations, and welcome to Platinum status with Starwood Preferred Guest®! You’ve earned extra benefits with every stay, and we look forward to welcoming you, elite-style.
To see all the Platinum benefits you’ve earned, check out spg.com/platinum.
In the meantime, let’s celebrate. We’re sure you’ll agree that a move like this calls for a bonus reward. Take your pick: Choose either a $25 SPG® Award Certificate or free 6-month subscription to Hulu Plus, compliments of SPG. Select one of the options to learn more about each reward.
Once again, congrats! We look forward to seeing you soon, and thanks again for traveling with SPG.
Platinum Welcome Reward
I’ve been offered a $25 award certificate or a 6-month subscription to Hulu Plus. The Hulu Plus subscription is a $7.99 a month value for a total of $47.94 during the 6-month subscription
Once you select your reward option, just enter your information to receive your reward.
The Platinum reward will be delivered within 4-6 weeks after ordering.
Welcome Reward Details
- Terms and conditions for the Platinum Welcome Reward can be found here
Basic Platinum SPG Status Benefits
The benefits below are earned once a member hits the 25 stay or 50 night threshold.
- Three Starpoints per eligible US dollar spent, a 50% bonus over the Preferred level.
- Upgrades to best available room at check-in, including Standard Suites.1
- Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, continental breakfast (New Option!) and local amenities.
- Club- and Executive-level privileges where available.
- Complimentary in-room Internet access.
- 4 p.m. late checkout,2 so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- Guaranteed room availability when your room is booked by 3 p.m., 72+ hours prior to arrival.3
- Our signature Platinum Concierge service4 at 888-625-4991 – always one call away to help you arrange just about anything regarding your visit. It’s service tailored to your needs.
SPG Platinum Benefits Over 50 Nights Also Receive
- 10 free suite night awards
- Take an upgrade when it matters to you most. Receive 10 Suite Night Awards which can be redeemed for upgrades to suites and select premium rooms. Confirmed starting 5 days prior to arrival and subject to availability
SPG Platinum Benefits Over 75 Nights Also Receive
- Additional Starpoint per dollar spent (4 Starpoints per dollar total)
- 4 Starpoints for every eligible US dollar spent – a 100% bonus over the Preferred level, and the richest earning bonus in the hotel industry
- 24 Hour Check-in
- Your24 – have the flexibility of choosing your check-in. For example, check in at 9 p.m. and check out 9 p.m. day of departure
Starwood Preferred Guest’s Platinum Welcome Reward is a nice gesture. The $25 is my preferred Platinum Welcome Reward choice.
I keep the Starwood Preferred Guest card from American Express in my wallet because it helps me achieve status a little faster and adds more points to my balance with SPG stays. The SPG card from American Express gives card holders a jump start on status with 5 nights and 2 stays each year. Plus, the card adds additional point earning with a total of 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the Card.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.