This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Through March 31, 2013 you can book a room at over 200 Starwood hotels and resorts in the Northeast and receive 35% off rack rates. It also includes food and beverage credit, breakfast for two, high speed wifi and 500 Starpoints.
35% Off Sale Details
The reference code SPGPLS appears when trying to book a reservation online. The rate plan for the reservation is SPG35B according to the T&Cs. The promotion will get you the following benefits:
- 35% off rack rates
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- Food & Beverage credit
By selecting the rate code and searching your hotel, you can see the calendar of available dates for the discount. But you can also search the lowest available rates.
As an example, I searched the W Union Square for a weekend in the winter. Here is what I found with the lowest available rate when compared to this sale rate.
The lowest available standard rate was $229.
The lowest available special rate was $299
Terms And Conditions
- Offer valid at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Eastern Canada for stays booked and completed through March 31, 2013.
- 500 Bonus Starpoint award is per stay.
- This offer is valid only for members of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program. A valid SPG member card is required at check-in to receive these rates. Membership is free.
- To become a SPG member, visit SPG.com.
- Valid for stays Thursday through Sunday at hotels and stays all days of the week at resorts.
- Offer includes 35% off RACK rates, daily continental breakfast for two (room service not included) and additional value adds at select hotels resorts.
- When the 35% discount off RACK rates is higher than the best available rate of day, the best available rate of the day will be applied. Please see rate plan terms and conditions for full inclusions at each property.
- Some properties will offer a daily F&B credit in lieu of continental breakfast. Value of the credit will vary by property. Guest forfeits any of the credit not used during eligible stay. The credit has no cash value. Please see rate plan terms and conditions for full inclusions at each property.
- Services offered in the package are non exchangeable and non refundable, and may vary by participating properties.
- Advance reservations are required and should be made using Rate Plan SPG35B.
- Some properties listed on the http://www.starwoodpromos.com/spgbreakfastplus promotion page are not offering the SPG Breakfast Plus offer. These properties are available for booking at the lowest standard rate of the day.
- All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice, and can be found at SPG.com.
- An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur.
- Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
- A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
- Offer not applicable to groups.
- Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
Starpoints, SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.
- Detailed Terms And Conditions
The rates are clearly higher using the promotion. As an SPG Platinum member, the continental breakfast or 500 points and free wifi is something offered anyway. If a food and beverage credit is offered instead of continental breakfast, the value will vary by property. So the lack of transparency would need to be clarified by property before determining the exact value of the breakfast benefit. So clearly this promotion isn’t worth it based on the example above and the scenario of being a Platinum member.