This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Starwood announced that they are extending the expiration of Starwood Platinum Suite Night Awards for those members who have not redeemed then yet. Previously 2012 and 2013 Suite Night Awards were set to expire on on December 31, 2013. However these SNA’s won’t expire now until April 30, 2014.
This means that SPG Platinum members will have an extra four months to redeem their old Suite Night Awards if they haven’t already done so. The new expiration date should already be reflected when you login to your SPG account, so you can start applying these to future reservations now.
As a reminder, a Suite Night Award is a room upgrade confirmed within five days of arrival. Suites, junior suites and premium-view rooms are all upgrade options. Don’t forget, you can use your Awards anytime during paid stays, Free Night Award stays and Cash & Points stays.
How SPG’s Suite Night Awards Work:
- Log in to your SPG account to see your available Suite Night Award(s) in the My Account section.
- When booking, you’ll have the option to apply your Suite Night Award(s). Select all the room upgrade options you are open to — the more you choose, the better your chances.
- We’ll start looking for available upgrades five days before your stay; if we find one, it’s yours, and we’ll let you know right away.
- If we can’t find an available upgrade five days before you arrive, we’ll send you an update and keep checking.
- If your Suite Night Award request can’t be confirmed by 2 p.m. local hotel time the day before you arrive, we’ll notify you via email and credit the Award back to your account.
If you’re a SPG Platinum member who hasn’t used your 2012 or 2013 Suite Night Awards, you will now have an extra four months to do so.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.