This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
If you didn’t quite make the Medallion status you were hoping for, for 2014, Delta is extending their Buy MQM offer through January 31st.
They will continue selling Medallion Qualifying Miles for those members who are trying to reach Diamond, Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion status for 2014.
SkyMiles members may purchase between 2,500 and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that will post to your 2013 MQM balance and apply toward your 2014 status.
The prices will vary based on your current Medallion status.
Diamond and Platinum Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $795
5,000 MQM’s for $1,195
7,500 MQM’s for $1,595
10,000 MQM’s for $1,995
Gold Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $595
5,000 MQM’s for $895
7,500 MQM’s for $1,195
10,000 MQM’s for $1,495
Silver Medallion prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $495
5,000 MQM’s for $695
7,500 MQM’s for $995
10,000 MQM’s for $1,195
General Member prices for MQM’s are:
2,500 MQM’s for $475
5,000 MQM’s for $675
7,500 MQM’s for $875
10,000 MQM’s for $1,075
As you can see Delta is charging current Platinum and Diamond Medallion members the most to buy MQM’s.
Terms and Conditions:
- MQMs purchased will be deposited to your 2013 MQM balance
- MQMs purchased through this Buy MQMs offer are nonrefundable
- Rollover MQMs are a Medallion benefit only. General members with fewer than 25,000 MQMs by December 31, 2013, will not roll over unused MQMs
- Members who qualify for Rollover MQMs toward 2015 Medallion status must also earn the minimum amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars effective for January 1, 2014
- If applicable, Medallion status and Million Miler™ status will be updated within 24 hours of MQMs purchase
- The minimum/maximum MQMs per transaction are 2,500 / 10,000
- The maximum MQMs that may be purchased for one SkyMiles account for the 2014 Medallion year is 10,000
- All transactions are processed in U.S. dollars
- All the terms and conditions of the SkyMiles program apply
If you are within an arm’s reach of moving up, it’s something to consider, but keep in mind that I think there are much cheaper ways to earn MQM’s such as mileage running or through their credit cards.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.